Small Business Administration Backed Financing
A program for All Small Businesses The Patriot Express is included in this workshop
Speaker: Ray Graves
An Overview of Programs and Processes covering SBA’s Patriot Express program for Veterans, Community Advantage, Export and General financing for small businesses.
Speaker: Ray Graves, Lender Relations Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Gain a deep understanding of all of the loan programs offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration so that you can do a strategic financial assessment of your business.
- Veteran-Owned businesses: Learn about Patriot Express ….. a program designed specifically for you!
- Assess your financial needs and see which program may have the best fit for your business.
How to Follow Up After the Matchmaker
Speaker: Rich Delisio
The Small Business Procurement Specialist will explain the value and realistic expectations of attending Matchmaking events. To process and develop a sound approach after the event, the focus needs to begin with building resources, relationships and a strong belief in Las Vegas odds.
How to Build Effective Capability Statements
Speaker: Jane Stewart
A Capability Statement is an essential element of a company’s marketing strategy. This workshop will arm you with the information needed to create and use a Capability Statement. Get noticed and set your company apart from the competition.
- Identify the reasons a strong Capabilities Statement helps you do business with federal agencies as well prime contractors
- Learn how to effectively market your business using a Capability Statement
- Create a Capabilities Statement that can effectively sell your company to potential clients.
Who should attend
Individuals responsible for OSHA recordkeeping within a company with more than 10 employees
Speaker: Scott Turner
You will learn:
- OSHA recordkeeping requirements for workplace injuries and illnesses;
- Correct use of the required OSHA recordkeeping forms;
- Guidelines for recordable and non-recordable workplace injuries and interpretations;
- A review of OSHA standards that
Attendance meets eligibility requirement for one external meeting credit for BWC Safety Council Rebate Program.
Building Safety and Health Teams
Who should attend
Company owners, managers and supervisors, safety and health managers, safety consultants, labor leaders and any individuals who are responsible for ensuring the success of developing or facilitating safety teams
You will learn:
- How to outline a process to develop or improve a team within your organization;
- How a team functions and how to measure its effectiveness;
- How to involve employees in the team building process;
- How to define team roles and responsibilities;
- Tools and skills for group problem solving and decision making.
Attendance meets eligibility requirement for one external meeting training credit for BWC Safety Council Rebate Program.
Access to Capital – All Things Financial – Helping you Start and Sustain your Business
OVERVIEW: If you are seeking to start your business, grow internationally, and/or effectively manage risk, Huntington can help. This workshop will cover the financial aspects of starting and growing your business while identifying business risks, whether related to property, other assets or people. In this ses-sion, representatives from Huntington Bank will be prepared to discuss all things financial for workshop attendees.
Oil and Gas Industry—How Businesses Can Get Involved
Speaker: Charlie Dixon
This workshop will discuss the economic impact of the shale play in Ohio and the importance of the existing oil and gas industry in Ohio, and workforce training initiatives that are taking place.
Ohio Employee Ownership – The Viable Option of Selling Your Business to Your Employees
Many businesses owners have not understood that there is an option to sell their company to their employees as an exit strategy at or prior to retirement. There are over 10,000 employee-owned companies in the United States and most of them are a result of the business owner selling some or all of the shares to employees. A sale of some or all of the shares of a business operation could result in significant tax advantages to the owner and the operating business. This session will provide a background on employee-ownership, highlight good business candidates for transition to employee ownership, potential tax benefits, and identify the major steps and timeframes in such a transaction.
Speaker: Roy Messing
- Understanding the basics of employee ownership
- Pros/Cons of selling to employees vs. other types of transactions
- What makes a business a good candidate for a sale to employee ownership
- Tax advantages to selling owners (who sell to their employee)
- Continuing family ownership in companies transitioned to employee ownership
- Comparison/characteristics of employee owned structures
- Major steps in sale to employee ownership and typical timeframes
Navigate Global Compliance
Presented by APB & Associates, Inc.
Global compliance issues are fast becoming a major concern for multinational enterprises spanning virtually every industry and affecting their entire supply chain, from raw material and finished goods manufacturing to transportation, distribution, and retail.
This APB workshop will review the following critical supply chain issues:
- Conflict Minerals
- Climate Change/Carbon Reduction
- Counterfeit Material
- Global Labor Concerns
- Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery
- Government Watch Lists
- Required Auditing
- Other related compliance issues
Key takeaways from workshop:
- A basic understanding of global compliance issues
- The relationship between operations and compliance
- The benefits of developing an overall compliance strategy
How to Do Business with the State
This workshop focuses on how to provide goods and services to the State of Ohio, with an emphasis on working as a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). Using reference materials such as the state procurement website, participants will gain an understanding of how to contract with the State of Ohio and how to effectively utilize the MBE program. Presenters: Representatives from the Ohio Department of Administrative Services and the Ohio Lottery Commission.
You will learn:
- How to contract with the state of Ohio and effectively navigate the state procurement website.
- You will also learn about the state certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Program.